Steve McMillan, Chair
VP Planning Services, VBJ Developments Ltd.
John Zeke, Vice-Chair
Owner, Zeke’s Quality Jewellers
Michael Maendel, Secretary-Treasurer
President, Burns Maendel Consulting Engineers Ltd.
Patrick Sullivan, Director
Partner, Meighen Haddad LLP
Carly Gasparini, Director
General Manager, Brandon Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation
Ryan Shields, Director
Sales Representative, Royal LePage Martin-Liberty Realty
Kris Desjarlais, Director
Rosser Ward Councillor
Rick Chrest, Ex-Officio Member
Mayor, City of Brandon
Membership and Term of Office
In accordance with the Brandon Downtown Development Corporation’s Organizational By-law, the Board shall consist of one (1) Member of Council for the City of Brandon who shall be appointed annually, and six (6) citizens-at-large for a total of seven (7) voting Directors. The Mayor of the City of Brandon shall be considered an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Board. Directors are appointed by City Council and shall serve a term of three (3) years. No Director, save and except the member of Council of the City of Brandon, shall serve more than two (2) consecutive full terms as a Director. The Board meets on the third Monday of each month at 11:45 a.m.
- governing the organization by establishing broad policies and objectives;
- selecting, appointing, and supporting the Executive Director;
- making decisions on program administration and funding applications;
- ensuring the availability of adequate financial resources;
- approving annual budgets;
- accounting to the stakeholders for the organization’s performance;
- utilizing personal and professional skills, relationships, and knowledge for the advancement of the Brandon Downtown Development Corporation and revitalization of downtown Brandon.