Jay Buizer, Chair
Ron Shaluk, Vice-Chair
Business Account Manager, RBC
Drew Caldwell, Secretary-Treasurer
Ryan Shields, Director
Sales Representative, Royal LePage Martin-Liberty Realty
Cam Wirch, Director
Owner, A & L Cycle
Pamela Smith, Director
President, Trend Collection and Bailliff Services Ltd.
Kris Desjarlais, Director
Rosser Ward Councillor
Rick Chrest, Ex-Officio Member
Mayor, City of Brandon
Membership and Term of Office
In accordance with the Brandon Downtown Development Corporation’s Organizational By-law, the Board shall consist of one (1) Member of Council for the City of Brandon who shall be appointed annually, and six (6) citizens-at-large for a total of seven (7) voting Directors. The Mayor of the City of Brandon shall be considered an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Board. Directors are appointed by City Council and shall serve a term of three (3) years. No Director, save and except the member of Council of the City of Brandon, shall serve more than two (2) consecutive full terms as a Director. The Board meets on the third Monday of each month at 11:45 a.m.
- governing the organization by establishing broad policies and objectives;
- selecting, appointing, and supporting the Executive Director;
- making decisions on program administration and funding applications;
- ensuring the availability of adequate financial resources;
- approving annual budgets;
- accounting to the stakeholders for the organization’s performance;
- utilizing personal and professional skills, relationships, and knowledge for the advancement of the Brandon Downtown Development Corporation and revitalization of downtown Brandon.