The BERP was developed to stimulate investment by Brandon businesses negatively impacted during the COVID pandemic in strategic operational areas that position them to not only rebound but grow.
A maximum one-time grant of up to $2,500. Applications will be evaluated on a first come first serve basis until available funding is depleted.
Application Intake Opens: August 16, 2021
Application information will be available on this webpage: Economic Development website on August 16, 2021
- Legally operating within the City of Brandon on or before Jul 12, 2020
- Not be any of the following: government organization, post-secondary institution, health authority, craft home based businesses, independent consultants
- Be able to demonstrate business net income has been negatively impacted by the COVID 19 pandemic
- Invest a minimum of 10% of the requested BERP grant from their own funds
- Eligible investments made July 13, 2021, onward
- Professional services (web design, business consulting, accounting, legal advice, strategic planning)
- Marketing (website funnelling, social media ads, photography, videography services)
- Technology Improvements (mobile app development, software enhancements)
- Furniture & Equipment (ie. patio furniture / patio walls)
Businesses can apply to the BERP prior to making the investment or they can apply after the investment is made, understanding there is no guarantee of funding approval.
Approved BERP grants will not be paid out until the eligible investment(s) have been made and proof of expenditure are provided to the City of Brandon.
When a product or service is available locally, preference will be given to funding applications that will be making their investment with a Brandon business.